Thursday, July 07, 2005

SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES

I just read my admission letter today because I had it mailed directly to my permanent address in Opol. I got so excited upon receiving the letter. I tore the LBC plastic immediately and opened the contents of the envelope: the admission letter, acceptance of admission, financial assurance form, health certificate form, guidelines and confirmation of readmission.

_________________________________________________________________
The admission letter stated:

CONGRATULATIONS. We are pleased to inform that, after a rigorous evaluation of your qualifications, you are hereby offered admission to the Asian Institute of Technology for the following study program:

Program of Study: MASTER
School: School of Environment, Resources and Development
Field of Study: Regional and Rural Development Planning
Duration of Study: 04 August 2005 - 25 May 2007
Arrival Period: 01 August- 03 August 2005
_________________________________________________________________

In the lower part of the letter, it stated that I got a 50% AIT FELLOWSHIP/SCHOLARSHIP. Out of the normal 48 number of credits for master's degree, I have to pay 24 credits during my first year in AIT. The last 24 credits will be covered by the school. However, the payment will sum up to $7800... yeah it's in US DOLLARS!!!! WHEW!!!!

Where will I possibly get that amount in less than a month?

So, I'm decided to defer my application for the coming semesters, either January 06 or August 06. Since the school enclosed a confirmation for readmission, I have to fill it out and declare that I can't possibly enroll this coming August due to financial matters . But the catch is I can apply for reconsideration for a full scholarship. Yehey!

My parents got excited at the same time worried because of the money needed for enrollment which we could not furnish in the time being. There's no assurance that I could avail of full scholarship. I have to seek financial assistance through private donors or other scholarship organizations. I have months ahead of me to plan and to act on how to get that 50% of my tuition fee. Thanks to my Tito Oscar who's willing to help me out in seeking financial assistance. He asked me to draft a letter indicating my situation and to furnish other documents as he will be endorsing to government offices and private organizations. I'm also planning of finding a second job since I will be starting with my new shift which is 12 noon - 8 pm. I could work part time, like 7 am-11 pm or after my 8 pm shift.

Things are getting clearer and brighter towards pursuing my master's degree. I've been praying for this particular course and I know I want to achieve my dream career in development economics. Well, I hope everything will push through as planned.

I'm doing everything I could. I lift everything else to God, if He wills this for me!!!

I will soon conquer AIT!!!! And in the future, ADB (Asian Development Bank) or the World Bank...

jory 9:03 PM


basata BISAYA ASTIG!!!

COngrats!

Blogger balikbayan_box   speaks   5:54 PM  

Post a Comment << Home