Monday, June 27, 2005

OF BOYFRIENDS AND THEIR FAMILY

I really don't know why but I am close to my boyfriends' family. Well, except for my 3rd boyfriend Joselito. There's a certain part of me that tells me that the easiest way to win a boyfriend's heart is through their family. I know it's difficult to establish a relationship with the whole family because it's a man-to-man relationship. But I easily manage to mingle with the whole family and win their approval.

Paulo's family: I was in 4th year high school when Paulo's family transferred to their new house just across ours in Opol. Since he was the new guy in the block, he didn't have lots of friends then. His first playmate was cousin. I didn't pay close attention to Pau until my cousin introduced him to me. To make it a long story short, he became my boyfriend after a few months. Pau's mom, Auntie Bebot, knew about our relationship and was supportive to both of us. I remember vividly one afternoon when Pau's mom approached me and told me, "magdadate raw kayo ni Pau bukas ng hapon sa LimketKai Mall". WOW!!! It was his mom telling that I have a date with his son. Hahaha! Pau's siblings, Jepoy and San-San, are also close to me. Everytime I visit their house, they always make me comfortable and make me feel at home. Their home was like a second home to me. Everytime they celebrate a special occasion, I'm always invited. Just recently, Pau's dad who's in the US is my YM chatmate. He's asking updates about his son Pau and his studies. Up to now, his family thinks Pau and I are still in a relationship when in fact it's been two years then when we ended our relationship. Though Pau is my ex, I still visit his family everytime I go home in Cagayan. And I see no changes on how they treat me. Above all, the friendship between me and Pau has remained strong.

Arnie's family: I met Arnie's family during my second meeting with Arnie because we went to his house in Marikina. Arnie introduced me to his mom, Tita Cecille, and his sister, Charie. I was a bit nervous that time because his mom asked me a lot of questions. Then I found out that she's fluent in bisaya. Then we started talking in Bisaya. Hahaha! You just don't know how our conversation went. If you're bisaya, you will know the feeling of knowing a fellow bisaya and talking endlessly. Hahaha! From then on, I frequented Arnie's house every weekends because I felt at home. His mom would cook biko, binignit and other delicacies. Well, the only disadvantage with being close to the Arnie's family is we can't go out just the two of us. Everytime Arnie asks permission that we plan to go out, his mom would always asks many questions. And it would end up that we go out with his mom and sister. Hahaha! But his mom would pay for everything though: movies, food and shopping. Now, my friends know that my weekends are spent in Arnie's house.

One thing I learned from this is SECURITY. At least you know that you have the family on your side. Hahaha!

A piece of advise then: be close to the family!!!

jory 9:49 AM


no comment.

wla ako bf ngayon eh..amm..officially? mwehehehe..

puwede magpa adopt on weekends?

Anonymous Anonymous   speaks   5:10 PM  

hmmm...sakto gyud ka ana jory. though di ko close sa pamilya sa akoa uyab!!! hehehe. in fact, wa sila kaila sa akoa!!! hehehehe. mao, nasuya ko sa imoa kay close ka sa ilaa. huhuhuhuhu.

Anonymous Anonymous   speaks   9:46 PM  

agree! mas maganda close ka sa family kc pag hindi for sure affected yung relationship nyo:)

Blogger kaye   speaks   12:24 PM  

Jory dear... you're so blessed :)

Blogger Belle   speaks   6:23 AM  

Post a Comment << Home