Tuesday, June 21, 2005

OF LOVE AND SACRIFICES

Arnie, my boyfriend, was admitted to the hospital because of dengue fever. I was worried the whole time he was confined.

He was confined Wednesday afternoon. After knowing it, I immediately left the office and went straight to the hospital in Marikina. I admit that I really don't like visiting the hospital but it was my boyfriend who was confined. At 10 pm, I left the hospital to sleep at Arnie's house to accompany her sister. Arnie's mom stayed for the night in the hospital.

To make things more complicated, Arnie's sister got sick Friday night. So, I have to sleep for the night in the hospital to accompany Arnie and assist him with whatever he needs. His mom had to look over his sister who had a 39 degrees fever.

It was not easy assisting and looking over someone in the hospital. I could not get a good night's sleep because everytime a nurse comes to the room even at wee in the morning I have to get up and help her with Arnie. Also, my mind is so bothered with the thought that I'm supposed to stay alert because I'm looking over someone who had dengue fever. I could not concentrate on my sleeping.

I also got to wipe Arnie's whole body with water and alcohol using a face towel because he could not take a bath. I have to carry his dextrose stand whenever he needs to go to the comfort room. I have to open his bottle of water and Gatorade because he feels so weak. I have to have the tissue paper specially cut to Arnie's liking. Above all, I have to overcome my fear of injections and blood.

It drained my energy because I have to take a bath at 6 am though I didn't have a full night's sleep to make it in office on time. After office, I have to travel again to Marikina by MRT and FX to be in the hospital before 8 pm.

It was tiring but it was worth it because I know I did it for someone I love so much.

Now that Arnie is out of the hospital, I can take a sleep... a real sleep!!!!

I LOVE YOU ARNIE!!!

jory 2:54 PM


aawww.. that was so sweet of you jory :)

Blogger kaye   speaks   1:55 PM  

glad that Arnie's okay na :)

Blogger Belle   speaks   12:27 AM  

hmmm... do i know him? ;p

Blogger Miki   speaks   4:00 PM  

Post a Comment << Home