Friday, June 10, 2005

A SAD FRIDAY MORNING (a tribute to Mitzi and Maffet)

It's been quite a while that I haven't cried.

But I woke up this morning with tears flowing down my eyes. There were two reasons why I cried: my long lost friend Mitzi Virtudazo and my dear friend Maffet Ceballos.

Before I woke up, I dreamt that my college barkada had a reunion. While talking to my friends in my dream, it dawned to me that I haven't seen or heard anything of MITZI for the longest time. Mitzi is a very close friend during college. She's from Cebu and we speak the same language. She's also a fellow Ateneo Scholar and my neighbor in Marikina back in college. We shared so many things in common and we always enjoy each other's company. After graduating in college, we moved to one house together with Marvin in Boni, Mandaluyong. During our one year of living in one roof, I have known so much about her. Sometimes, we would spend the night talking and laughing our hearts out. When we grew tired, we would sleep together in my bed. Unfortunately, she has to leave the country. She followed her sister to Singapore. After she left, I never heard anything of her.

Back to my dream, Mitzi then came to the gathering. I was so surprised that I hugged her tightly and cried. I missed her so dearly that I couldn't even speak a word but tears flowed down my eyes.

When I woke up, I found myself crying over my friend Mitzi... I know she's happy right now with her baby and her husband... I MISS YOU MITZI!!!!

After crying over Mitzi, I got up and immediately took a bath. After I finished dressing up, I woke Maffet up and told her I'm about to leave for office. She hugged me tightly and thanked me. Maffet is scheduled to leave for Ireland later tonight.

Then I started to cry again. It dawned to me that I will be alone again in my room. After one month of "adopting" Maffet in my house, she will finally leave for Ireland for hew much awaited work. She came to Manila and stayed in my little room to fix her papers for her employment in Ireland. One month after rushing, going to offices, asking information and getting lost in the Metro, Maffet is ready to conquer Ireland. I fondly remember one incident where we were trying to find the Irish Embassy. A friend of her gave her this particular address but it was a wrong one. The embassy was not at that address. So we had to roam around Makati and ask people. We got lost. Thanks to Gail who immediately responded and gave us the correct adrress of the Irish Embassy. Whew! That was an experience.

When I got her e-ticket from the airline office, it saddened me to see her go. But at the same time, I felt so happy that after all those sacrifices, sweat and tears, Maffet will be in Ireland soon.

Maffet and I hugged each other tightly and cried... cried... and cried... I will surely miss this girl. Thanks Maffet for cleaning the house and doing my laundry... hahaha!!!

As you conquer Ireland, I wish you luck and the best for you!!! Take care of yourself!!!

To Mitzi and Maffet, this entry is dedicated for the friendship we've shared... I LOVE YOU!!!

jory 12:24 PM


i love this post. i love this the most.

i was blushing and crying while reading you.

i know how it feels to be alone. it's a depressing situation. and at moments when you miss your friends too much, there is nothing that you can do but shiver and cry.

don't worry, my JorHy, there will be others and the ones you've kept will always be treasured.

Anonymous Anonymous   speaks   8:17 AM  

thanks zork!!!! keep reading my entries and get to know more about me...

Blogger jory   speaks   9:59 AM  

Post a Comment << Home