Monday, July 18, 2005

MINSAN LANG AKO NAGING BATA

I'm 22 and I still feel young at heart. But as I live each day, life seems to get more complicated: more responsibilities and more problems to face. With this situation, sometimes it makes me think and wish I didn't grow up. When I was a kid, all I had to think of was to eat regularly, to sleep on time, to play with kids and to attend school punctually. There were no bills to pay, no piled up works to finish, no "weird" people to understand and no broken hearts to mend. Life back then as a kid was simple yet filled with so much fun and memories.

This a trip down memory lane:

- cassava cake used to be my favorite merienda during nursery days
- my cousins G-anne and Tipol were my bestfriends during day care: we danced to "TINANA" during our Christmas party, we ate CSM and NUTRIBUN during recess, we were the stars of the class
- I was awarded best in MATH during my day care graduation
- I attended the recognition day when I was in grade one, not as an honor student but a dancer for an intermission number
- Patintero was the neighborhood kids' favorite past time. I even have this scar on my right foot because of playing Patintero
- my cousing G-anne, Joan, Champ and Tipol were my playmates: I was Donatello in our NINJA TURTLES and was YELLOW TIGER FOUR in the BIO KIDS.
- GI JOE was my family's first pet dog
- I love eating at my neighbor's house because they eat CORN RICE and DRIED FISH.
- I wasn't in the honor's list until I reached grade six
- Nanay Bebe Koking is well loved because she pays for my BINGO cards
- Kundisi, Skul Bukol, Tsinelas lata, Piko, Taguan, Lambing na Lambing, Seven-Up, Skati/Maro, Bika-Bika, Balay-balay and Bulan-bulan were the kids' games in the afternoon
- I had my first crush in Grade 5, Dennis Capuyan.
- my cousin Estee and I sang 'A Whole New World' during their town fiesta
- I had a SPIDERMAN costume.
- Flores de Mayo is a must attend event. Complete attendance for the whole Month of May.
- I had a VINA MORALES tape because I loved singing SANA'Y IKAW NA NGA.
- Manilyn Reynes and the TUESDAY GROUP was my favorite in That's Entertainment.
- Purefoods and Alvin Patrimonio was the team I cheered for PBA, Larry Bird and Boston Celtics was for NBA
- Every 10 AM during school days, I hit the plaza to buy Nang Belen's BINIGNIT. It was heavenly!
- I was the star dancer together with cousin Jacklyn in our LAMBADA and EH KASI BATA dance number
- As a beauty pageant fan, during summer, I shout my favorite candidates' names before jumping into the river from the top of the bridge. hahaha!!!!
- Auntie Edith, my brother Ecoy's yaya, was my "kakampi"
- I loved eating Cheez Curls paired with Chocolait
- I was grandparents' pet Lola Esther/Mamaten and Lolo Briccio/Papacio, they usually give me what I ask for... even until now
- Mighty Kid was a favorite shoe brand
- going to Timoga Pool in Iligan was always a special event for me
- Corpus Christi was my school
- Filipino week during my grade six days: I won second place in elocution, first place in interpretative dance (I acted as BALIW) and best actor for our Flipino playfest.
- I was a volleyball varsity from Grade 3 up to Grade 6, exempted from attending Saturday PE classes
- When I was in grade one, I had this favorite short pants that I really loved to wear. Why? Becaude after our classes end, ESTEE, LILIBETH and I play Chinese garter. hahaha!!!

My greatest frustration as a kid was to be the singing Angel during EASTER SUNDAY SALUBONG. The closest I got to it was assisting those little angels in singing but I had no wings like they had. Hahaha!

I was once a kid and I enjoyed my childhood a lot. My parents never deprived me of what a kid should have. Memories of my childhood would always make me smile. It's nice reminiscing those days where all you did was to play and to have fun, not thinking of what lies ahead.

ANG SARAP MAGING BATA ULIT!!!!

jory 7:03 PM


makamingaw noh?

Blogger balikbayan_box   speaks   11:55 PM  

aliw! heheh
sino nagsabi "you're getting old when you start introducing your sentences with 'in our day...'?". bata-bata mo pa bai to be reminiscing about the good old days, heheh.

Blogger Miki   speaks   12:11 PM  

spyderman costume! whaahaha... it makes sense now...

Blogger Markus Ezekiel Caidoy   speaks   2:03 PM  

Post a Comment << Home