Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mamang Pulis, Wag Po... Wag Po...

I was on my way home after going around the city. I took the train and it was past 12 midnight. Since the train was almost empty and I was tired, I decided to let my feet rest on the empty seats. I closed my eyes. But a kick on my foot woke me up. It was a NYPD cop telling me to get off the train. So I got up and got off the train.

COP: You should not do that on the train. (putting my feet on the seats)
ME: Im sorry sir.
COP: Do you have an ID?
ME: Yes sir. (I pulled out my wallet and gave him my Philippine Postal ID)
COP: You don't have a New York State ID or driver's license?
ME: No. Im not a resident or American citizen. Im here on a visa.
COP: How long have you been here? And do you plan to stay here?
ME: One year. My contract will be over in 5 months and I'm going back.
COP: Where are you from?
ME: Philippines
COP: You should go to the judge the next morning and clear this out.
ME: Ok sir. (I was still calm cuz I know it was not a major offense)
COP: But I can't issue you a ticket cuz you have no valid ID.
ME: I dont bring my visa with me all the time, sir. I dont want to lose it.
COP: Did you know that I can put you to jail? (thinking I was Illegal Alien)
ME: (silence. thinking what would happen to me if I'm in jail.)
COP: So where do you live?
ME: Woodside
COP: Do you have a cellphone?
ME: Yes.
COP: Do you live alone?
ME: No. I live with my aunt.
COP: You took the train in 155th st. right?
ME: Yes sir.
COP: With a friend?
ME: Yes. (a friend brought me to the station)
COP: Ok. I'll forgive you for now. (Train arrives)
ME: Thanks sir!

I got inside the train feeling relieved. But then it crossed my mind. Why would he ask where I live? Why would he ask if I have a cellphone? Why would he ask if I live alone? Now that's weird. And to top it all, he knew what street I took the train. Hmmm... Maybe he was trying to hit on me. Police officer, you should have said it straight. I would have readily said YES. I have this weakness for guys in uniform. And he was a tall, dark and handsome guy! The more it adds to his manliness. ARRRGGG! Too late for me. I should have known earlier that that was his way of picking me up. But my mind was occupied with the thought of being inside the jail and. LOL!

Until then, officer... LOL!!!

jory 4:44 AM


haha! this entry made my day jory! iba tlga ang charm mo!! panalo! :) i miss you so much jory!! uwi ka na!!!

Blogger kaye   speaks   12:41 PM  

hahaha!!! nakakatuwa talaga yung experience na ito kaye... miss na rin kita!!! 5 months na lang. uwi na ako.

Blogger jory   speaks   12:09 AM  

syempre ikaw ay new yorker na so hindi ka na nahagilap nila louddie para ma invite. okay naman ako. ikaw, glad to read about you in NY. Ako rin sana, someday, kahit 1 year lang. :-)

Blogger gonewiththewave   speaks   9:03 PM  

hala..perti! porbida! lingaw oi. :D

sir, yes sir.

jors, naay sexpo dira? haha

Blogger Aldrin   speaks   7:58 PM  

mareng gusto jud kag mga keke na police and jailguards, hehehehe! in fairness lapitin ka talaga, hahahaah! nalingaw kog basa ani oi...

Anonymous Anonymous   speaks   10:21 AM  

Post a Comment << Home