Monday, August 27, 2007

goodbye 24... hello 25...

Wow! Time flies fast. I cant believe I'm already 25. Wheewww!!!

Looking back at being 24, I had one of the best year in my life. It was life changing year. Moving to New York for my AIESEC traineeship. Being able to support my family and brothers' education. Buying my own laptop and PSP which I have always been wanting to. Travelling to different states aorund the US. Meeting new friends. Adjusting to a new place and culture. Watching broadway plays. The list goes on... SO much to say about being 24. But the bottomline is I had a blast at being 24.

I just hope and wish that at 25, things will be better. way way better.

And how did I spend my birthday? I went to Long Island to sing for this group of FIlipino families. Their children had a summer recital for piano and violin. My aunt asked me if I could sing for them last Thursday. Wow, a lot of pressure for me cuz the last time I sang for them I did a very impressive performance of TUKSO LAYUAN MO AKO. And I had to top that performance and do a better song. So I decided to sing Filipino Folk song and Yoyoy Villame songs. LOL. The first medley was funny. Cuz I started with an operatic voice for my intro line. And then shifted to a funny voice when I started to sing Sitsiritsit. The other songs were BALUT and WARAY-WARAY. The people were laughing hard. And after the performance, the shouted MORE. I told them that they wait and we should have lunch first. And then this American guy approached me. He told me that he was ready to sit back and relax to listen to my opera song but when he heard that I shifted to my funny voice he burst into laughter. After lunch, everyone was eager to listen to my next number. I sang YOYOY songs: Granada, Butsekik and si Filemon. They were laughing like crazy. I had them sing with me too. And one of the ladies started to pass around a hat to put money and I got 70 dollars. Yahoo! Not bad.

Then I had dinner with my aunt and cousins. It was a good day. Good one to start being 25.

jory 11:16 PM


Post a Comment << Home