Monday, October 23, 2006

AIESEC US 50th ANNIVERSARY PARTY

I went to the 50th anniversary party of AIESEC US in Marriot Hotel in Times Square. It was a formal gala dinner. So, I have no choice but to wear my formal attire. If I could olny wear my jeans and my sandals, I would love to be comfortable and be myself. Hahaha!

It was the first formal dinner i went to in my whole life. The invitation said that it was a three course meal. And it costs 250 dollars. Yes, you read it right. It's 250 dollars!!! But good thing it was paid for by Aaron Winters of AIESEC US who was the one in charge in arranging our supporting documents for our US. I was so happy to finally meet Aaron personally. We have been exchanging emails for a few months in the preparation of our visa. THANKS AARON WINTERS!

Wow! I never dreamed of attending a party with all American people wearing their formal dresses and their suits. It was like in the movies.

But what surprised me was the food. I was expecting so much food because it costs really much for paying the event. However, we were served with mushroom soup, chicken and cake. And that's it. No more refill. Bwahahaha!!!

What I realized while listening to the the speeches the AIESEC US people gave was 'Jory, you are so lucky to be here'. I was a dreamer and dreamt of a good life. But it was more than good that God gave me. Probably, it's the best.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My 250 dollar food

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dao (upper left), fellow PWC trainee from Thailand
Aaron (upper right), AIESEC US

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dancing the night

jory 12:37 AM


Post a Comment << Home