Saturday, January 05, 2008

THE YEAR THAT WAS (2007)

One whole year of being away from the Philippines. Whheeewww! I never thought I'd survive America. So what were the highlights of year 2007?

Travel: Chicago, Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Tennessee, Wisconsin

Sideline jobs: tutoring Math for Monte, teaching ballroom dance to Helen, singing during Filipino parties, dance partner during sweet 16 parties

People: My PWC Volleyball Team (Dena, Mike, Twins, Stafford, Ray, Safiya, Clement, Michelle), PWC Officemates (Dao, Zen, Angie, John, Cristina, Jenny, Rodney, Kerstine, Mpai, Chris, Sia, Karen), Opol Residents Organization, Filipino Friends (Jonner, Vince, BLD, SDA People), AIESEC (Danielle, Sarah, Stephen, Leo, Costa), New Yorker Friends (Jonas, Ian, Binh and Klaressa),

Housemates: Tetel, Belen, Eding, Nelfa, Mommy Pen

Sending money: I still have my Western Union receipts with me. I don't want to sum it up anymore. I know I sent a big amount of money to my family this year alone. WOW!

Gadgets: I think this year is, by far, the best for me in terms of acquiring Techy gadgets. I have an 30G Ipod Video, Sony PSP, Apple MacBook and Canon 10 MP Digital SLR. Yahoo!!!

Special people: Kae, my cousin and the queen bitch. She has been my everyday companion to the gym. I miss her cuz she moved out of the apartment. I miss being random and crazy with her. My boyfriend. It's been another year with you. Thanks for holding on. We may be miles away but we managed and survived the relationship. I LOVE YOU!

I'm looking forward to 2008. What are my plans? Build a new house for my family. Wow! I couldn't believe it. I'd saved enough money to make a new one for them. Get a new job. I'll be back in the Philippines by April. As soon as I'm done with my vacation, I have to start looking for work (God knows what's best for me. In tagalog, Bahala ka na LORD.)

I'm thankful that 2007 has been a good year for me. Hope 2008 will be better.

jory 4:30 AM


uli na dayun! paspas!!!!!

Blogger Abigail   speaks   10:03 PM  

Post a Comment << Home