Monday, October 18, 2004

A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

I went to Arnie's house and had a great time with him and his family. What I really love when I'm in Arnie's house??? THE FOOD!!!!! hahaha!!!! We had Sauteed Vegetables, Fresh Tuna and Bangus from General Santos. It really feels heaven when eating Fresh fish. Well, it's rare that you find anything fresh here in Manila.

I feel blessed to have ARNIE in my life. Not only I have ARNIE in my life but also a family as well. I'm very close to his mom and sister. They consider me as part of their family. That's why my weekends are scheduled for Arnie's family. If a weekend would pass and I couldn't visit them, his mom would tell me that she misses me and that it's been a long time that she hasn't seen me. Hahaha!!!

I spent time with Arnie in his room. We slept after I typed the test for the kids in my "sunday school". We woke up 9 am.

After Sunday's lunch, I left their house because I have to attend to the "sunday school". I teach the less fortunate kids and spend time with them. I left Arnie's house at 1 pm. And how I prayed so hard that I wouldn't get caught in traffic. Well, God is indeed listening to our prayers. I arrived at the school on time!!!!

Class time. The kids were really makulit!!!! They were running around, jumping, shouting and tumbling. They were separated by grade level for their diagnostics test. I was assigned to GRADE 2. It's really frustrating to see the kids not being able to read and not being able to solve basic arithmetic problems. I think the quality of education in the Philippines is reflective of the students' capability and knowledge in all the basics. I even heard a kid complaining that she grew tired. Imagine, she was answering only the first page. WOW!!! In general, the kids couldn't comprehend the exams. So, what other kids did were roaming around and playing around.

But these kids were lucky because they ate STARBUCKS pastries for their merienda. But I presume they didn't know what STARBUCKS is and didn't know how much it costs. LUCKY KIDS!!!!

After the tutorials, I went straight to the church to attend mass. I was part of the choir assigned for that paticular mass schedule. All of them wore their uniform. But since I'm a new member of SINGLES for CHRIST, I wore a different shirt which was a yellow one. We sang our hearts out for God. There was one particular song, ANIMA CHRISTI that had a voicing. But since I didn't know how the tenors should sing it, I sang the melody with the soloist. HAHAHA!!!

I went home after the mass ended. I took a rest but will be back to meet Bro. Bong after the 6 pm mass. I lay down in my bed and got a book. I read parts of the book BY THE RIVER PIEDRA I SAT DOWN AND WEPT. When I got the text from Bro. Bong that the mass has ended, I left my house and went straight to the church. We fetched Bro. Bong's friends: SANTI, RONNIE and SABTAL. His friends are really tall and they are volleyball players. Bro. Bong has this great crush on RONNIE and SANTI. Two time??? HAHAHA!!!! But it's SANTI that's closer to his heart. But physically, he likes RONNIE more than SANTI. Confusing?? Yes, it is. We had dinner in PARES. It was a sumptuous one. We all had fun teasing BRo. Bong and Santi. We were asking them of their future plans. HAHAHA!! They were in hot seat. When I left to buy my GOLDILOCKS wheat bread, RONNIE accompanied me. WoW!!! Ronnie is towering!!! His height is 6'1". But unfortunately, GOLDOLOCKS was closed when we got there. HUHUHU!!!

After dinner, I had a heart to heart talk with BRO. BONG regarding his complicated love life. Indeed, very complicated!!!!!!! He has a relationship with JEFF but this guy has a girlfriend who is pregnant. I told him to move on. The situation calls for it. He has to let go of JEFF because Jeff has to face his responsibilities as a loving husband and soon to be father. On the other hand, he has this special friendship with SANTI. But it turns out that he likes RONNIE, Santi's good friend, more than he likes SANTI. Getting complicated?? HAHAHA!!!

My SUnday night ended with a few pages of the book by PAULO COELHO. When my eyes grew tired, I closed the book and went to sleep.

I had a long and wonderful weekend.

till the next entry...

jory 10:35 AM


Post a Comment << Home